Thursday, January 13, 2011

Questions?

Few people recently or in the past has asked me questions about me as a photographer and I have decided to write down all their questions and my answers on this blog post.

Lets start!

1. What kind of camera do you use?
- I use a Nikon D3000 (My first and only DSLR so far)

2. What lens do you own and use?
- I have 3 different lenses, the standard 18-5mm VR, 55-200mm VR telephoto and one prime lens 35mm 1.8F

3. What programs do you use to edit your photos?
- I use Photoshop CS5 and Picasa when I am lazy.

4. What kind of photos do you like to take the most?
- I mostly take landscape photography, however I do have great interest in taking photos of people too. Macro is something that I sometimes do, but not often. If I had to pick a certain object or thing that I like to photograph the most, that would be clouds. They are just very unpredictable and always comes in different kind of size and shapes. One of those photos that you would be only able to capture once in a lifetime.

5. What got you into photography?
- To be honest, I was never a big fan of photography until I started to take photos with my friend's DSLR. I have always and still a big fan of electronics and gadgets and I guess the camera caught my attention after that encounter.

6. What is your best and worst photography moment?
- Best and worst moment actually came from the same day. It was one of the best moments because I was able to photograph with a very special person and also of that special person. The shoot took place on a summer late afternoon at UBC Wreck beach. The whole time, I was really happy even though I knew all of the happiness would end. The sun was up in the sky, but covered with clouds. The sea rocked back and forth, but not too strong to create big waves. Just gentle silent waves, similar to the whole photography shoot. It was also my worst moment in photography because while I was so focused in taking a picture, capturing one of the best moments, I slipped into the ocean and my whole feet got soaking wet. The only positive was that it was only my leg, nothing more than that! However, we were pretty far away from my car, so I had to walk for a long time until I was able to take off my shoes and dry them.

7. Do you have a favourite picture that you took? If so why?
- Favourite picture? I actually have quite a few on my mind that I can think of. For sure there is one where stands out the most. Why it does? Well it captures everything I see and don't see at the same time. The picture just speaks greatly towards me. I would share the photograph, however, I would need the consent of that person. Despite that, I can share this other photograph that is one of my favourite photographs that I have taken.

Shores of Stanley in Hong Kong

This photograph was taken in the summer of 2010 when I went back to Hong Kong.

These are the questions that I get the most from people and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask me!

Cheers,
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment