Monday, January 3, 2011

China 2010

This trip was probably one of those experiences that you will always remember for the rest of your life. At first I was not very intrigued or even interested in going to China. I just wanted to stay in Hong Kong with my cousins and uncle. However, my mom and one of my uncle convinced me to tag along with them to visit my uncle's friend that works in China. So the trip consisted of a local tour guide, therefore, I was able to experience many things that I would never had if I went alone or with an actual tour group to China. I was able to visit local clothing factories and local markets. The trip for sure was an eye opener for me as I was able to experience and see the culture of Guangzhou, China. So for the trip, I was in a van that travelled to places that I never even heard of. All in all, the trip was something I will never forget and I have to thank my uncle, Wai Kwong, and my mom for bringing me along. I actually had a lot of fun, despite it being super super hot.

Please click on the pictures to enlarge.

City of Tai San

Roundabout (Shot from my hotel room)

Parking Lot of the Hotel

City Shot

Shrine in the mountains with local buildings on the foreground

Industrial Road
Taken from the front driveway of the clothing factory

Motorcycles are very popular, even for farming

Flags at a local store

Fish Market
Bought the fishes at the market and gave to a local restaurant to prepare for dinner

Old preserved buildings by the river

Old lady on boat transporting her goods on the river

Another angle at the buildings

Alley way

Another shot of the buildings (16:9)

Alley way shot (This is my favourite picture)

War Propaganda

Local Crabs for sale (The red one was the dominant one)

A stove to cook the food at the local restaurant

Local weaved baskets for sale

Manual Sesame grinder
Had one of the best Black Sesame Soup in my life
Baby Carriage
(To be honest, I don't even remember taking this picture)

Most of these photos are in 16:9.
As you can probably see. China is still a lot different than majority of the developed countries, but they are on the rise of becoming more developed economically and also the standard of living. I am very fortunate to be able to experience what I experienced and will always cherish these memories. Hopefully one day, I will be able to return to here and see it again and of course hope that you will be able to visit here too!

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment