Thursday, December 23, 2010

Tsim Sha Tsui 2010

These pictures are from my trip to Hong Kong over the summer of 2010. These photos were taken on the Tsim Sha Tsui Harbour.

 Chinese Junk Boat (Vignette effect)
A modernized version with a motor
 Hong Kong Convention Exhibition Hall
  Hong Kong Convention Exhibition Hall
 Police Helicopter
Believed they were doing some training
 Typical Boat
 An Fung Boat leaving the Star Harbour
"An Fung" sounds like sleepy, Sleepy Boat
 Another shot from the harbour of Hong Kong Island's sky scrapers
 Legendary Bruce Lee on the Avenue of Stars
Another shot of the Junk
Last of all a shot of me
Courtesy of Kelvin Luk

I actually went there three times during my stay in Hong Kong. One was during a super hot day another during a cloudy day and one during the night. Unfortunately I did not have a tripod, therefore all my shots during the night were very blurry as I don't have steady hands. These trips were quite valuable as I was able to experience Hong Kong's original harbour. The harbour that made what Hong Kong is today. I was also able to learn something as a photographer during this trip and that is to always put your lens cap on, even if you are moving from one position to another. Why did I say this? When I went during one of my trips, there was a festival and there were clowns. These clowns had water guns and without my knowledge, they sprayed water into my lens, making my lens dripping with water. I was so angry as I was afraid it would damage it, but luckily there wasn't enough water to actually damage it. Other than that fact, I enjoyed every single trip to the Harbour and I really wish people who have a chance to visit Hong Kong to visit this landmark.

Cheers,
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment